Wednesday, January 7, 2009

first weekend of the year

Carlos called and we set out to hit the golf course again. Alex had also called but he wanted me to drive to Sacramento and the lady friend had only allotted me a few hours of leave. We met and he had Davien with him again, which is cool because he is a well behaved four year old. There was some people teeing off and an 11yr old kid was behind us about to play on his own. I invited him to join us and it made for a memorable round. He proceeded to beat Carlos by three strokes while I only bested him by five. I kept the scoring card to later show the guys on our monthly golf outing. His name was Brandon and he was a cocky, talkative little SOB...a bit short for an 11yr old. He had this wild Fro and kept checking on Carlos' stroke count which made it funny.

BRANDON

Aside from Davien repeatedly clubbing his dad on the shins throughout the rounds, it was pretty uneventful. As it were it was just practice for this upcoming weekend.

Watched football on Sunday morning and was disgusted by the turn of events. Went to visit my sister and her herd of children on Sunday. I had not seen them since Thanksgiving and I noticed the older girl has transitioned from "innocent run to tio Luis" to "ughh this damn peeps are killing my Disney Channel viewing" in the interim. Me and the ladyfriend hit the usual Chinese dinner place and called it a day.

No comments: